Pen Drive gives Blue Screen of Death

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CaptainNemo, Dec 17, 2008.

1. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Private E-2

Hello,

I have a Transcend 1GB pen drive which was working perfectly forthe last one year. Now a strange thing happens. The moment I insert the pen drive in the USB port, the computer flashes a blue screen and Immediately goes for a restart. After restart, ifthe pen drive is still kept inserted, the BSOD come again and the cyclwe of restart keeps going on and on till the pen drive is removed from the slot. The whole thing happens so fast that I could not note the blue screen error code.

Please note that it is just the mere insertion of the pen drive that generates the BSOD and restart. I do not even get a chance to access the folder. I have tried with this pen drive on several desktops/laptops but in all cases it gives the same result.

I understand that this is probably due to the pen drive that has gone bad.

Please advise if it is possible to revive the pen drive to its former useful nature.

Kind regards.

2. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Private E-2

Hello all, I found that the BSOD says BAD_POOL_HEADER. Can someone please guide me as to how I may rectify this error? Or do I need the throw this pen drive away forever?

3. evil_queen_lisa

evil_queen_lisa Private E-2

i'd say your best bet is probably to throw it out and go buy a new one. You can get the very cheap at many discount stores - no need to spend a lot on one from the big box stores!
    *EQL*

4. WightBoy

WightBoy Private E-2

same thing happened to me quite a while ago. The way i fixed it was find the slowest computer possible insert my usb then "quick format" it. if thats impossible then yes your gonna have to get a new one.

5. marchelyx

marchelyx Private E-2

Is it possible to transfer sims 2 to a pen drive? I have a new laptop , its an Advent 4211 , its only small and doesn't have a CD Drive , I was wondering if its possible to transfer the sims 2 game to a pen drive/Flash Drive to install it on my new laptop because it has a socket for one.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds