pentium interchangable W/ celeron?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mgrist, Oct 11, 2004.

1. mgrist

mgrist Private Weapons

Is the celeron interchangable with the pentium? Of course assumming same socket.
    Also, I have four old pentium chips but can't figure out their speed, it's not on the chip like the celeron, or is it. How do I identify them. I'm going to give one of the chips to a guy so he can upgrade an old computer.

2. DamegedGoods

DamegedGoods Private E-2

look in downloads, under diagnostics,for "test cpu 0.96'. It has pictures of chips that might help you identify yours. DamegedGoods

3. SiLenZe

SiLenZe Private First Class

if you take off the heatsinks and post the model numbers we might be able to help

4. mgrist

mgrist Private Weapons

Here you go, thats all the numbers on the chip

#1 FV80503200 A4 C7280699-0294
    #2 A80502133 SY022 C6431171-0479
    #3 A80582133 Sy022C6288671-0181
    #4 A80502-75 SX969 C5220834-0744

The celerons are marked and are 400 and 466 and probably the fastest of the six, I'm not sure though. Thats why I wanted to also know if they would work in the same socket. Seems like I heard that they would.

5. SiLenZe

SiLenZe Private First Class

6. Valo Panaka

Valo Panaka Private E-2

I have an Intel Celeron 2.66GHz processor and am wondering if that is interchangable with a 2.66GHz Pentium.

7. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

8. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Nice Links Pyrate.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds