People PC??

Discussion in 'Software' started by kjb125, Oct 17, 2014.

1. kjb125

kjb125 Private First Class

How do I remove People PC from my computer...Or does a removal tool exist for this?? Add/remove in control panel does not work. Thanks in advance!

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Is it listed in your Add/Remove?

Btw, it looks like there have been many complaints regarding this company as far as continuing to charge people's credit cards even after cancellation, so you should make sure that's not the case for you: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/internet/people_pc.html

3. kjb125

This program was on a laptop. People Pc (EarthLink) was the dial-internet we were using at one time...We don't have it anymore. I want to delete it off of the laptop because it will not let me connect to wifi. It really acts like an Adware/spyware type thing!! I was just wondering it anyone had ever used it and what they did to delete it. I have not ran CC cleaner or malware bytes or anything yet...but just wanted to check here 1st!

It is in add/remove...but when I click uninstall nothing happens.

4. kjb125

And of course because I don't have an account with them anymore...They wont give me any customer support..lol

5. LauraR

Try using this Microsoft tool and see if it helps with the Add/Remove issue: http://support2.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall/en-us

(I've checked online, which you've probably done, and haven't seen anything as far as removal that I can verify as being safe)

I would also suggest using Revo Uninstaller, which has the ability to search much more thoroughly after the removal process to see if there are remaining parts of the software: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/revo_uninstaller.html

If you do use it, just be sure to back up the registry (which it should prompt you to do). When it pulls up remaining files, it will show you the tree. You should only delete those things that are in bold font.

And yes, after seeing info on it, I would categorize this as being pretty close to malware.

(If you use Revo, that is in place of the traditional Add/Remove process.)

6. LauraR

Hmmm...after looking further, it looks like that microsoft tool only works for the MS products listed.

7. kjb125

No Prob...I will try that Revo Uninstall...

((Thank you for your time))

8. LauraR

9. kjb125

OK...that Revo program worked for me!! And I do have internet access now!!

Thanks again LauraR!!

10. LauraR

:) Nice!

Thanks for coming back to let us know. That's always valuable for anyone else with the same issue when they are doing a search.

Revo is really a great program and is recommended a lot on here because it dives deeper into your system than MS's Add/Remove.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds