Performance probs (RAM/Mobo/CPU)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aemaeth7, Oct 21, 2005.

1. aemaeth7

aemaeth7 Private E-2

Here is my current specs

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=44678

I should've summed up the b***s to build my own computer... now I am deeply regretting it. However, I did get a great deal on it... but still, I would've gotten ahead with building it myself, anyway...

From my friends on IRC, it seems my RAM is not running async with my FSB (and is limiting my overall performance). How would I go about to correct this? My chaps said to do it thru the BIOS, however, there isn't option.

So, there's a couple of options here:

1. Pull a rabbit out a hat and see somehow I can solve this RAM/FSB problem easily
    2. Figure out how to hack Dell's evil BIOS (DXG051 Rev A02) or flash/whatever a new bios that would be compatable with my mobo...
    3. Get a new mobo (and possibly new CPU?)

And if it has to result to 3, can anyone link me up to a nF4 (branded) mobo that can handle my Pentium D and (nVidia) SATA/PATA? Or, altenatively, a mobo that might fit my case (it's a Dell XPS 600, the huge one with the lighted up LED front :p) and be better than a nF4?

I'm in a cramp... I'm always nitpicky over things, and this just strikes a nerve that my comp will never be running effiencient... >_<

Please help me out, and thanks in advance! Looks like you guys are real thing here at MG ;D

2. aemaeth7

aemaeth7 Private E-2

Also I got a 3767 on 3dmark05.... which seems kind of low :\ I think it's the Pentium D, any ideas why (other than the RAM offsync) I am running so low? >_<

3. radiot

radiot Private First Class

Not to sound like an idiot, but what is nF4?

4. Tourangh

Tourangh Master Sergeant

Here you go. It means Nvidia nForce 4
    [​IMG]

5. aemaeth7

aemaeth7 Private E-2

Anyone know of any solutions? :\

6. ibbonkers

ibbonkers First Sergeant

Make dure all bios and board drivers are up to date if problem persists
    try pulling out 1 ram stick and run cpu id again and see if your ram runs right . some motherboards drop their ram speed when all slots are populated

7. aemaeth7

aemaeth7 Private E-2

Sounds like a good idea o_O Will try that! Heard that from one of my mates on IRC just a minute ago, may be the prob (otherwise it's the BIOS and I need to get a new mobo because this isn't cutting it >_> evil Dell OEM BIOS).

8. aemaeth7

aemaeth7 Private E-2

Now I've just heard that standard mobos won't fit any Dell case... is that true?! Even my mega huge XPS 600? case is 8.7 in x 19.2 in x 19.3 in :\

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds