Permissions and deleting

Discussion in 'Software' started by Onesize, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Onesize

Onesize Private E-2

I've had a problem with an account on my vista desktop that would not load and kept giving me a temporary profile instead. I followed the instructions from MS and started a new profile from which I edited the registry and then tried to delete the problem profile. That was when the problem with permissions started. I've been able to delete the whole profile but for two files

C:\Users\Simon\FAH\smpd.exe
    C:\Users\Simon\AppData\Local\Microsoft\CardSpace\CardSpace.db.shadow

I've tried changing permissions in windows by going into properties-security-ownership and given persmission and full access to the new profile - Reggie. I've run the command line as an administrator and run icacls and takeown on the problem files but I still get access denied. Any help?

Simon

2. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

Sounds like you just want to dump the files right?

Try Unlocker.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker/

Once installed, you simply right click on the file, goto Unlocker and then choose to delete.

3. Onesize

Onesize Private E-2

Thanks. I was able to delete the problematic files. I still have a problem with the profile but I'll check what I did in the registry.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds