Personal Data Retention by Mozilla FF

Discussion in 'Software' started by shasiddx, Apr 28, 2012.

1. shasiddx

shasiddx Private E-2

Is there danger with FireFox as with Google products.. of Personal Data and web activity being retained by Mozilla. If so how can I ensure that I am able to prevent this.
    Your advice greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Shasiddx

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Good question and these days data is held by many applications, most of all Browsers unless they have a Privacy Mode that can limit the data saved by the app, however you can delete most if not all data saved during browsing by using the likes of CCLeaner (do watch the video guide also on the download page).

CCleaner basically deletes all temp files and folder locations, especially your browsing habits.

Or I had read this HERE a while back that should help also.

3. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

If your concerns here are data transmitted to Mozilla, the main points are covered in the bottom 2 checkboxes in the last full image in DavidGP's linked HowtoGeek article + turning off the automatic update check.

For Google concerns within Firefox, consider reducing your usage of Google Search by setting your default search engine to DuckDuckGo: privacy policy.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Search engine that does not retain info
    https://startpage.com/
    and you even have the ability when clicking on a resulting search link to go to the page using a proxy.

5. shasiddx

shasiddx Private E-2

Thanks very much for your advice...I shall follow up on that.
    Shasiddx

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds