Pest patrol update

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigbazza, Jul 25, 2004.

1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Anyone tried to update PestPatrol recently? I did it today through the update section of PP. It took 31 minutes on my dialup :p Surely it probably been faster to download the entire thing from www.pestpatrol.com but I was unable to log on to that site:confused: in a reasonable time. Tried more than once to log on to them but gave up. Anyone else had/having this problem? Bazza

2. Muzzargh

Muzzargh Private E-2

I had the same problem a while ago. All I did was to download a new version of the updater and it worked like a dream for a while. Then it started playing up again, so I did the same thing and it's all good now. I think that the old versions of the updater are not compatible with the new updates somehow? Anyway give that a go.

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Thanks Muzzargh for the info. As I said, PP eventually downloaded and installed. It now scans over 22000 objects. New version found 89 nasties that old version did not find, so it was worth it. Goes to show you should check for updates often. Removed all bar one. I will start a new thread on that one, from MS. Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds