Phantom drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jiroma, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Jiroma

Jiroma Private E-2

I have an external hard drive which I keep for downloading torrents. I accidentally disconnected the power supply and when I reconnected it my pc had reassigned the drive letter to a phantom cd rom drive. This drive does not show up in disk mangement so I cant remove it or change the drive letter back to my external drive. does anyone have any ideas how to delete this phantom cdrom drive or change the drive letter on it.

Jiroma

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

3. Jiroma

Jiroma Private E-2

I found that a program. power ISO I had previousley installed had created a virtual drive. I think that the virtual drive was sitting un-noticed in my pc and when I disconnected the external hard drive my pc re-allocated the drive letter to the virtual drive. It was a simple process to disable the virtual drive in power ISO and then change the drive letter back to the external hard drive where I wanted it.

Thanks all.

Jiroma

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds