phone and PC wont recognize microSD card

Discussion in 'Software' started by noonynoonynoo, Jun 18, 2013.

1. noonynoonynoo

noonynoonynoo Private E-2

HARDWARE:
    i have a 32GB microSD card that i was using in my Samsung Galaxy S3 replica (it says "Spreadtrum" when i plug it to the computer) for several months without a problem. the phone is on Android 4.0.3, unrooted.

ISSUE:
    as i was downloading a video file the phone suddenly reset and when it powered back on it kept saying "Insert SD card" in notifications.

ATTEMPTED FIXES SO FAR:
    1. i powercycled it a few times, still the same message.
    2. i then swapped out the card with a 4GB i had lying around and it worked fine.
    3. then i put the 32BD card back in and got the error again, so now i'm currently using the 4GB.
    4. i connected the 32GB card to my PC using a card reader. drive F: comes up when i do that, but when i click on it i get "Please insert a disk into Removable Drive F:" :..( under Properties, the size of the drive is coming up as 0 bytes.
    5. i tried changing the drive name > doesn't help
    6. tried cmd > CHKDSK > "Cannot open volume for direct access"
    7. tried looking around online for data recovery software
    * ZAR (Zero Assumption Recovery) = :cry
    * undelete 360 = :cry
    * NTFS Undelete = :cry
    * Testdisk & Photorec = :cry
    * EaseUS = :cry

NOW WHAT?
    I would like to recover as much data as I can from the card, but as it can't be detected by the computer this seems to be an almost impossible problem. Is there anything I haven't tried or a program you could recommend?

2. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds