Phone Can't Sync with WMP 11

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rogernorman, May 11, 2009.

1. rogernorman

rogernorman Private E-2

I just bought a Motorola Krave ZN4 phone. I am able to sync it with WMP 11 to transfer mp3's to the SD card on my laptop (XP Home) successfully but not on my desktop (XP Pro). When connected to the DPC via a micro USB cable, it sees the ZN4 and loads the corresponding drivers and says I'm good to go. When I open WMP 11, hit the sync tab and plug the phone in, no device is recognized by the program. Device Manager also doesn't see it at this point and it DID before opening up WMP. Then I get a "Unrecognized USB Device" popup. If I try it again, Windows brings up a "Digital Still Camera" dialogue box. I have tried moving the USB connection to another card on the DPC to no success.

Other USB devices work fine.

Appreciate any suggestions you have.

2. Nellman

Nellman Private E-2

you may need to install your phones drivers from yhr manufacture before it will sync

3. rogernorman

rogernorman Private E-2

Thanks for responding but that was the first thing I did: I downloaded the exe from Motorola, ran it, then plugged the ZN4 in the computer which recognized the model and proceded to install the drivers. As mentioned, I can sync with my laptop but not my desktop PC.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds