photo manipulation software- 48-bit CMYK

Discussion in 'Software' started by 4spacejunk, Jul 24, 2006.

1. 4spacejunk

4spacejunk Private E-2

I'm a new contributor to this board. The reason i sought this forum is to get some answers.

I have a wide format Canon Printer and a Microtek scanner. The scanner will allow scans for 48-bit CMYK colors. It is my understanding that this will be the best format to get fidelity of prints.

However the photo-manipulation program that i have gives me this "not supported" statement and kicks the color scans back to 8-bit color. this is not where i want to be.

Is there a Software product(short of the $600 Adobe Photoshop) tha can be had economically that will do the trick of 48-bit color CMYK manipulation?

Thanks

2. websiteforu

websiteforu Private E-2

I believe with the newest version of gimp theres a CMYK plugin that allows for 48 bit photo manipulation. Check sourceforge for the plugin. Hope this is helpful.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds