Photo Viewer Win 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by Oooops!, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

I'm new to Win 7 and don't have my personal pics imported into the new computer yet.
    However, with a couple example pictures, when opened in:

HP MediaSmart Photo:
    It's slow to open pictures, displays a black screen while waiting.

Windows Photo Viewer:
    Only within this program, photos take on a yellowish tinge, background is yellowish too.

No problems with colour whatsoever anywhere else... just when pics are opened in the "Windows Photo Viewer".
    Thanks

2. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

While downloading my favourite programs onto the new computer, I discovered that Picasa http://picasa.google.com/ can be used as a photo viewer too! So, gonna try that out for now.
    Compatible with Win 7.
    :)

3. Oscuro

Oscuro Private E-2

That is a problem that has been in-effect since Vista for LCD monitors (or better) that Microsoft has YET to fix.

Fortunately, users have come up with their own fix to this problem.

Go to Start and in "Search", type "Color Management". When the program "Color Management" pops up, click on it.

Under devices, if there is NO profile present for your monitor, then make sure that "Use my settings for this device" is CHECKED and then click "Add...". What you want to add is "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" under ICC Profiles. Once you click on that, click "OK". Once that profile has been added, click "Close" on the "Color Management" window and restart your PC.

If that does not solve your problem then simply "Remove" all the profiles associated with your monitor and UNCHECK "Use my settings for this device". "Close" and restart your PC.

Either method will work. Check your pictures again to confirm.

4. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

I added the "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" and now my pics open beautifully in the Windows Photo Viewer.
    Thank you ever so much for your time and help with nicely detailed instructions.
    :celebrate

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds