photoshop cs2 error with web album

Discussion in 'Software' started by ej1245, Dec 31, 2005.

1. ej1245

ej1245 Corporal

what does this mean? I'm trying to create a web photo gallery from the automate menu in Adobe CS2,
    "there is an error disabling controls for missing tokens. some file or folder for selected style may be missing.":confused:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

In case you have a corrupt install of CS2, I would re-install or repair the install ( goto Add/Remove choose PS CS2 and click change/remove > select repair )

seems as if you have missing template files for the gallery's, at which point in the process does this message appear?

3. ej1245

ej1245 Corporal

there is no repair option, just reinstall and remove, I get the error as soon as I select web gallery.

4. DavidGP

Try reinstalling..... as that error is that you dont have the templates for creating the galleries... bad install maybe?

I'm gonna be very rude now and sorry if it offends as its not ment to BUT is your version of CS2 legit? as the retail version I have of CS2 albiet from Adobe OO TLP but it should be the same for retail versions... and have the same option to when you choose change/remove to either repair or remove! and hacked butchered versions of PS CS2 have the templates removed from the download to save space, hence they will error at the point of doing anything but the basics of PS ( anything involving templates ).

If you have a legit CS2 then if after re-installing and its still the same you need to contact adobe to resolve the problem as the software is as you know quite expensive to have it not work fully.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  5. DavidGP

Another thing to double check is do you have templates located in this location?

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Web Photo Gallery

6. ej1245

ej1245 Corporal

I got it figured out, my tune-up utility deleted some adobe files! I simply restored the last activity and it worked! Guess I'd better be careful running that program again. Also some of the template files got moved to a different directory. agh, took me a while to get everything straightened out. I almost wonder if defragging might have caused it too.

7. DavidGP

Good, you have it figured out, thats not a normal thing that a defrag app would do in move folders out of context, which defrag app you use?

I would suspect the tune up app.... but at least if it happens again you can now easily know the fix :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds