photoshop or image ready??

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-125cdb8a9b, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Anon-125cdb8a9b

Anon-125cdb8a9b Anonymized

I have both Adobe photoshop cs and Adobe imageready cs installed on my pc, and i was wondering:

Is there anyway i can get rid of any red-eyes in my pictures?

And is there anyway that i can get rid of blurring on my pictures?

2. MKorostoff

MKorostoff Private First Class

I'm not a photoshop expert, but I do know that you can preform a very competant and user friendly red-eye removal with much more low end products, such as google's picasa:

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4476

Or Kodak's easy share, to name a couple.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by blurring (out of focus? motion tracers? objects to distant?). I believe both of the tools above have a "Sharpen" feature which is only so-so.

My instinct is that blurry images can be improved significantly with the right set of skills, but I'm affraid I don't know how to do it.

But I'm sure one of the many smart folk out there can shed some light...;)

3. Anon-125cdb8a9b

Anon-125cdb8a9b Anonymized

ok thanks, yes i do mean out of focus when i say blurring...

4. Allochthonous

Allochthonous Corporal

I agree that Picasa does a great job at removing red eye, and its very easy to figure out. My only complaint is that you can't zoom in to do it, but you really don't need to.

As far as blur goes, though I have never worked in depth with a really high end program like any of the Photoshops, it seems like I have heard that the two things that can't be adjusted on a pic are blur and blow out (too much light). You may be able to decrease the blur to some degree, but i don't think it will ever be crystal clear.

PK

5. froggy_style

froggy_style Private E-2

blur can be undone by using sharpen, located under the filter drop down menu, also check this link: http://www.good-tutorials.com
    has about 11000 tutorials for photoshop including tuts on red eye removal

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Red Eye, depends on which version of Photoshop CS you have CS2 has a built in Red Eye (RE) removal tool, in the Tool Box its in the Spot Healing Brush tool menu, right click the ( plaster icon ) and Red Eye tool is listed, choose that, then on the image with RE draw a box around the eye.

or if not CS2 then you can remove RE, by selecting the Sponge Tool and changing the brush size to cover the red pupil, make sure the Mode is set to Desaturate and then pop the brush over the RE and keep clicking until the red has gone.

Blurring can be lessened in Photoshop or any other application that has Un-Sharp Mask, this is a much better tool for sharpening images over sharpen, you just need to balance the 3 sliders of Amount, Radius and Threshold to get the desired sharpness. ( Pro photographers tend to use this method )

but as mentioned Photoshop is a powerful application but many other small free photo apps do Red Eye removal easier, it becomes an expensive application to have if you dont learn how to use it, many guides are available online and the training guide ( Reference Studio ) that comes with the Photoshop package is also great for reference.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds