Photosmart P1000 HP78 reset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by freebilloon, Sep 12, 2008.

1. freebilloon

freebilloon Private E-2

I'm trying to resolve the 'colour cartridge not compatible' message and amber light
    flashing on a Photosmart P1000 which was recently donated to our group. I presume this
    message is telling me the print count is currently up on the HP78 colour cartridge in the
    printer.

I've tried the various recommended procedures for resetting, by following each of the
    suggested sequences of covering and uncovering selected contacts on the cartridges,
    all to no avail.

Does anyone know what the state of the art is in resetting the cartridges used in this
    printer - the 45 and 78 for colour - particularly as it pertains to the P1000? Does the
    three cart. trick work? We're not prepared to lay out the extra investment merely on spec.
    Have HP superseded the two-id memory in the firmware, or is a 'spent' state written to
    the cartridge chip when the print count is up?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds