Physical Memory Dump Error/Sound

Discussion in 'Software' started by redfox13131stID, Oct 16, 2008.

1. redfox13131stID

redfox13131stID Private E-2

This problem started when a slide out "pop up" came onto my screen saying I had a Sound Driver update. I downloaded it and it said it had an error downloading. I tried removing the Driver the next day and I removed it but I keep getting a Physical Memory Dump error on my computer that has this technical information only. (I am also running in safe mode at the moment because the Physical Memory Dump error only occurs in regular mode) (I was told it could be a rootkit if that helps) I tried disabling my Sound Driver and restarting in regular mode but I still get the same technical information listed below. I ran some tests on my computer and here were the results... Memory Diagnostic Test: No Errors Found...Hard Disk Drive Diagnostics it said...No Hard Disk drive has been identified in your system...possible causes...HDD power cable not properly attached to HDD...HDD interface cable is not properly attached to HDD...HDD Master-Slave-setting is incorrect.

Below is the Technical information listed in the Physical Memory Dump

*** Stop: 0x0000007F(0x0000000,0x80154000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Attached Files:

2. redfox13131stID

Sound Error and Physical Memory Dump(Correct pos...Other Post had the MG.zip too big)

HJT log, please! Physical Memory Dump/Sound
    This problem started when a slide out "pop up" came onto my screen saying I had a Sound Driver update. I downloaded it and it said it had an error downloading. I tried removing the Driver the next day and I removed it but I keep getting a Physical Memory Dump error on my computer that has this technical information only. (I am also running in safe mode at the moment because the Physical Memory Dump error only occurs in regular mode) (I was told it could be a rootkit if that helps) I tried disabling my Sound Driver and restarting in regular mode but I still get the same technical information listed below. I ran some tests on my computer and here were the results... Memory Diagnostic Test: No Errors Found...Hard Disk Drive Diagnostics it said...No Hard Disk drive has been identified in your system...possible causes...HDD power cable not properly attached to HDD...HDD interface cable is not properly attached to HDD...HDD Master-Slave-setting is incorrect.

Below is the Technical information listed in the Physical Memory Dump

*** Stop: 0x0000007F(0x0000000,0x80154000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Also the Super Anti Spyware program does not work in safe mode, so I only have 3 logs

Attached Files:

3. redfox13131stID

Here is the new and only technical information posted in the Physical Memory dump
    ***STOP 0x0000007F(0x00000008, 0x803d3130, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

NOTE: I DO NOT HAVE A SUPER SPYWARE LOG BECAUSE IT DID NOT DOWNLOAD IN SAFE MODE

4. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to Major Geeks!

Your problem do not sound like malware and based on your logs this assumption is confirmed because the logs are clean. The only questionable thing I see is that you have a policy setting in place to disable CTRL-ALT-DEL.

I'm going to move this thread to the Software Forum for you.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

7F stop error
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/137539/
    since your first number in the parentheses ends in 8, it says it is a double-fault error.
    You've already tested the RAM.

Now if you suspect the corrupted download sound driver causing the problem, is it possible to use a restore point and go back to a time before you tried to download the sound driver?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds