Physical memory mystery?

Discussion in 'Software' started by deepat, Aug 12, 2009.

1. deepat

deepat Private First Class

Hi

Hope someone might be able to help.

My physical memory is well short of what its meant to be.

I have around 42Mb, of a possible 256Mb.

Where the heck did it go to, and how can I gain some?

Cheers

Depat

2. deepat

Hi

System info is........Microsoft Windows XP, service pack 2 version2002, Intel Celeron processor = 1.4 GHz .

Under system properties it also tells me I have 248MB of RAM. I'm aware that I have 41.7MB of physical Memory left. I'm not sure if this physical memory is the same as the RAM indicated under System Properties, as there is also Virtual Memory to consider, which I'm also low on.

I also cannot get an internet connection for this computer.

However, I hope this info is sufficient.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  3. deepat

I must then have 248 MB of RAM installed, as I have little difficulty with operating XP. I edited my post shortly before you replied, if you wish to re-read that post.

Is Physical/Virtual memory part of this RAM?

I am a little confused regarding this!

4. deepat

I havn't used the computer in question for quite a while, since I lost internet connection. But you do remind me that I had been getting those sorts of error messages, but what for I cant quite recall. I suppose I should get the internet connection sorted first, and then post again when the problem arises.

Thanx

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds