Picture It Express-emailed photo's are half blue when recieved

Discussion in 'Software' started by skifreak, Nov 17, 2006.

1. skifreak

skifreak Private E-2

HI :)
    I've had Microsoft 2000, IE5 and Microsoft Picture It Express 2000 for years and had no problems. Suddenly people started telling me that the pictures I emailed them are messed up. I decided to try mailing from my ISP (Comcast) address to my Juno address and I see what they mean. Anywhere from 1/3 to 2/3 of the photo is a dark navy blue. I have recently purchased Spydoctor. downloaded a trial session of Ewido AVG and Mozilla Firefox is my default browser. I uninstalled and reinstalled both IE5 and Picture It and it didn't help. Any ideas?

2. toehead410

toehead410 Corporal

I have no experience with using Picture It Express to send photos, although I have used it for minor photo edits. Have you tried another application like Picasa to see what results you get?

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

Since ye are using IE5, I'm curious what SP are ye using? 4?

4. skifreak

skifreak Private E-2

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by SP? If you mean ISP it is Comcast. If you mean spyware protection I have Spydoctor, Adaware SE, Spybot S&D, McAfee security suite with privacy guard and firewall. I have my security settings set at maximum on everything. All of this was in place before I started having photo problems as far as I'm aware. I would be open to other photo software, but I'm not wanting to switch to XP at this moment and it seems like everything compatible with Windows 2000 is kinda obsolete at this point. I'm thinking about getting a whole new system so I don't want to make too many changes. Also, my hard drive is 3 years old. I'm having to do a lot of maintainance to keep it running at a reasonable speed.

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

Sorry, I saw ye running windows 2000.
    I was curious on what Service Pack ye were running. The latest is Service Pack 4.
    IE6 is available for windows 2000.

6. skifreak

skifreak Private E-2

It's service pack 4. My Picture It version is not compatible with IE6 unfortunately.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds