Pictures for a digital photo frame

Discussion in 'Software' started by nedskelly, Jan 7, 2011.

1. nedskelly

nedskelly Private E-2

I have scanned a heap of photos to add to a SD card for my DPF. The scanner is an Epsom flatbed. To scan/edit and upload the pictures I used Media Impressions 2 which is the software that came with the scanner. The problem I have is that when I try to upload only some of the digital photos are transferred to the SD card the others come up with a message
    "Cannot copy xxxx. The directory or file cannot be created"

Can anyone help me around this

2. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

Do you have a space (storage capacity) problem perhaps? Are the first scans uploaded taking up all the space, and it then refuses (naturally) to add any more?

3. nedskelly

nedskelly Private E-2

Thanks for the suggestion I checked that and it is not the problem, I am using a 2GB SD card and used space is currently 37.8 MB so there is still 1.80GB of unused space

4. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

5. nedskelly

nedskelly Private E-2

GCWest, That was the problem apparently, the root directory has limited space. The answer was to create a new folder and all is good, you can fill that folder to the capacity of the SD card.
    Thanks to those who offered help

6. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

Excellent. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds