Pink LCD screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by coboy, Jul 29, 2007.

1. coboy

coboy Private E-2

hey guys, i try not to pester you here too much.
    but i have a problem that i really cant figure out. for the second time, my screen has just turned pink, not lines of pink, or flickers of pink, but just solid pink. i dont think that the computer has stopped functioning, just the screen.

can someone please tell me what the hell is goin on. i searched online and i am led to beleive that it may be something to do with the lights in the screen. but my laptop is one and a half years old, and treated with a lot of respect, so i dont see how they could be going already.

any help is greatly appreciated.

2. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

is it still under warranty? Unfortunatly, laptop lcd screens can get messed up even while treated well (loose connection inside, fault backlight or other faulty components).

If it isnt under warranty, find a certified repair center and have them take a look at it. Hopefully it can be fixed and you wont need a replacement screen. If you do, i recommend looking around for one (ebay perhaps) and see what the best price you can find is, as ordering it through a repair place or the manufacturer is usually very costly.

3. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

As mentioned above, faulty backlights are a common cause of pink LCD's. Also, if the laptop got too hot by sitting in the sun or a VERY warm room or car can do it too.... warranty?

hd2k

4. coboy

coboy Private E-2

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me.
    No, the warranty is just a standard one year manufacturer waranty, so that is out the window. perhaps it is just when the PC gets too hot then that it shuts down. Like i said, this is the secnd time that this has happened, however, the first time it happened was about 2 months ago. SO, maybe its just depending on the heat of my room!!!!!!!!

anyways, thanks for getting back to me.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds