Pirated software

Discussion in 'Software' started by crimsnkentucky, Dec 11, 2006.

1. crimsnkentucky

crimsnkentucky Private E-2

I bought some software on ebay recently, but when it arrived it was not the original software but a copy with a key for the serial number. I contacted the guy and told him that I wanted a refund because it was pirated and asked him why he would sell a copy over the internet because he should know that both him and the person using it could get in major trouble. He said to send it back and he would issue a refund. So I told him I would as soon as I recieved the refund. He replyed by saying no problem he would refund me but I needed to open it first. What do you think he is up to?

2. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

Does it say in his 'terms and conditions', that if package is opened, refund is null and void?

Personally, i would not open it at all (other than for basic inspection purposes), because then he can claim that the item has been tampered with, swapped over or anything such, along these lines!

If you suspect pirated software, report the matter to eBay!

Regards...

3. Orbital57

Orbital57 Private First Class

Sounds like an obvious breach of eBay policy.

Email them (perhaps some digital photo's of what you received would help) and have all his hard earned +ve feedback wiped out as they delete his account. I'd try to get a refund first of course...

4. tej46

tej46 Private E-2

I have ran into this problem once before. I had immediatly opened the package when it came. I took pictures of unopened package and opened package. I also took pictures of pirated software and instructions how to install and how to register. I contacted Paypal and file a claim filed an "item Not As Described" form with ebay. I was refunded all money thru Paypal including shipping. As for the "item Not As Described" Ebay banned the members name.

Good Luck

5. leopold99

leopold99 Private First Class

i concur with the rest.
    do not open the package.
    contact ebay.
    contact the piracy link that was given.

this bears repeating again.
    DO NOT open the package.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds