Place to download MP3s?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Blacktop Roland, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Blacktop Roland

Blacktop Roland Private First Class

Not sure if this is the right section for this, so I apologize if it needs to be moved.

Anyway, here's the dirt. I'm going back to my military base in 3 nights. I really want to fill my audio player before then with good music, so I can listen to a big library without carrying around a lot of CDs.

1) I have a 2GB player that understands MP3 and WMA music formats.

2)I want access to a large library of music (rock primarily, classic and modern, with a sprinkling of techno and hip-hop for flavor)

3)I don't care about paying for it, in fact, I'd prefer to, on a monthly basis rather than a per-song basis if I can get it.

4)It doesn't matter if it's P2P or not, as long as I have access to a large library at all times.

I really need some recommendations. I was looking at Napster, but then I heard something about how their files go dead after three days, and it'll be a lot longer than that before i can access a computer again. Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

www.emusic.com or www.mp3.com

Both of them have mp3-files, mp3.com is more mainstream and "recognisable" music to most people though. eMusic has three different subscription options, all of them monthly.

Enjoy. :)

/Mimsy

3. Blacktop Roland

Blacktop Roland Private First Class

Well, that's just my luck. You seem to have given me 2 halves of an excellent site.

eMusic has a good business approach with it's monthly plans and system for downloading music, but it's selection is not in sync with my interests (when I got 0 results for the search 'audioslave', I banged my head).

On the other hand, mP3.com has an extensive library of artists across my personal solar system of music, but they just act as a window site. i hunted down "Hypnotize" by system of a down, and was given the option of going to Napster, Itunes, musicmatch or buymusic to download it. Of course, to do that, I'd need an account there as well.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling though. Anyone else know any good places?

4. ferg46

ferg46 Private First Class

www.allofmp3.com
    ok i havent used the site yet but i know
    - no drm
    - very good prices
    - very touch and go whether its legitimate or not depending on your country as the site is based in russia to the best of my knowledge
    - it has all the audioslave albums:)

5. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Itunes is right now the best place to get music legit.

6. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Rhapsody, iTunes, Napster, Wal Mart Music Online, Urge.com. Also, if you have friends that have music, you could always create a library to your liking.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds