1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playground skeleton application

Discussion in 'Software' started by DontLookEthel, Mar 28, 2011.

1. DontLookEthel

DontLookEthel Private E-2

Playing a game that I downloaded from Shockwave. Game quit and I received the following:

playground skeleton application has encountered an error

I don't have a clue as to what this means. I tried to google it, but not much there and what there was WAYYYYYY over my head. Do I need to be concerned?
  2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Maybe your computer is too fast for it ;).
  3. DontLookEthel

DontLookEthel Private E-2

Oh! How lovely! I always thought my computer ran pretty pokey - LOL!
  4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Try uninstalling it and then re-download it and install it fresh.
  5. ssh49tn

ssh49tn Private E-2

I tried uninstalling & reinstalling the game player, & the game site, but it didn't work. When I tried to download the Playground Skeleton app, it brought up a page to scan my drivers to see if they needed updated, but to fix the problem, you had to buy their software. So, I didn't buy it. Any other suggestions to bypass this?
  6. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

Sounded like malware to me at first, then i googled and it appears to be some game developing application. Google really doesn't have much to say about it. Personally I don't like the looks of it. I personally wouldn't use it, but I will defer to one of our resident pros. Hang tight .
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  7. ssh49tn

ssh49tn Private E-2

Thanks, FEDUP. I figured there was something off about it, so I didn't do anything with it. I only get that error on certain games on that particular site, & they are SUPPOSED to be compatible with my Vista program. Yeah, right! LOL