Playing a DVD and saving it to my pc?

Discussion in 'Software' started by dazedandconfuzed, Jul 5, 2012.

1. dazedandconfuzed

dazedandconfuzed Private First Class

:wave Hi guys...I'm back for more help.

I used my Roxio program to copy a VHS home movie to DVD. Now I want to edit the movie and upload it to youtube...but when I copy it to my pc (using Roxio again) it saves it in .gi format. Windows Movie Maker can't open the file. I have dozens of VHS tapes I need to copy and edit.

Is there a different (free) program I can use? I have dozens of VHS tapes I need to copy and edit.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

Check in your roxio program to see if it can be saved in a different format, such as mpg, mp4, or avi.

3. dazedandconfuzed

dazedandconfuzed Private First Class

Did that before I posted. The only choices are .gi and .iso. I downloaded the "Format Factory" program and it's working, so I guess I'll just use that.

Thanks anyway!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds