playing*my*music and hearing game sounds

Discussion in 'Software' started by fiver22, Jan 12, 2004.

1. fiver22

fiver22 Sergeant

Hello,
    does anyone know of away that I can play my music files (via WMP/Real/whatever) while I'm gaming *and* while hearing the in-game sounds (but not the in-game music)?
    Would it just be a matter of turning off music in my games options and then running my music player in the background? -if so: would that have any adverse affects on my gaming?
    Thanks for any suggestions,

2. Genius Boy

Genius Boy The Examinator

It sounds like you've got it figured out. Just play your music, then open up the game and turn the game music off.

The only really tricky thing is that for some reason some games will change the sound level. Meaning that your music will be quiet, and the game sounds will be really loud. You may need to compensate in a few games by turning down the sound effects volume.

Of course, playing music in the background will use up system resources. So if your computer isn't far from the graveyard, I wouldn't suggest playing many games like that. However, if you've got a decent system, you shouldn't notice much of a slowdown.

3. tricemierius

tricemierius Private E-2

Using external music source going to the line in on your sound card will just play right thru your sound card with very little if any noticeable lag in game
    I found this out when I was recording my tapes to the harddrive and noticed how well it sounds, So I tried it in game "Vietcong" while listening to Black Sabbath. It just makes ya shoot straighter :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds