Playing older games?

Discussion in 'Software' started by AC74ECU, Jan 31, 2006.

1. AC74ECU

AC74ECU Private E-2

I have Phantasmagoria A Puzzle of Flesh and am trying to load it onto my computer using windows xp home edition. The game is made for microsoft dos or windows 95. The initial screen will pop up and ask me to install. When i click install it does nothing.

I tried it on my 98 machine and it just pops up a box with a red X in it, no message though. I would appreciate any help because i used to play this game and finally came across it at a game store. Thanks in advance.

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

You can try DosBox, or Compatibility Mode.

Right-click the games executable, then properties, then Compatibility Tab.

Select the operating system, then Apply and try installing.

3. AC74ECU

AC74ECU Private E-2

Neither one worked, but thank you anyways. Any other ideas?

4. Jazagod

Jazagod Command Sergeant Major

sometimes theres xp patches,
    some old games like alpha centauri, or older like mech warrior, have files that you can add to make it compatible.
    my friend is playing alpha centauri on a 64 bit platform, and looking for awhile i was able to play mech warrior (on xp) .
    i just searched

5. Jazagod

Jazagod Command Sergeant Major

6. AC74ECU

AC74ECU Private E-2

Thanks for the reply. I had already been to that site and couldn't get it to work. I finally broke out the old laptop running windows 95 and am playing. Thanks for all the help.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds