playing usb from dvd player

Discussion in 'Software' started by sinan, Aug 13, 2011.

1. sinan

sinan Private E-2

Good day.

I recently bought dvd player system with usb stick, It works fine with cd\dvd rom. I have sony 8 GB usb flash, copied some movies, tried to play them, I can view list of files and only play audio no video is shown. Maybe I need to burn movies to usb like I do with cd\dvd.

Please help.

Thanks.:cool

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Helps to know the manufacturer and model number of the dvd player in question. There are none that I know of, that can play movies from usb sticks.

3. sinan

sinan Private E-2

Hi.

It is Geepas model GDVD2639.

If this is the case what can usb stick do?.

Thanks.

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Allow you to play music on the device view photos, store blu-ray info if it is a blu-ray player, update firmware, and that is pretty much it. Some DVD players same as some hd sets, will not do anything off of the USB, other than allow firmware updates. Looks like all your uses the card reader/usb for, is photos and nothing more. Very basic of the line player.

5. sinan

sinan Private E-2

Thanks much.

It is also playing music, I knew that when I copied some movie files and tried to play I heard audio, this is simillar to amplifier system I purched few months ago, It allows me to play nusic without other device connection, right from usb stick it supports.

Thanks again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds