Please check signal message!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ncmike, Jul 10, 2004.

1. ncmike

ncmike Private E-2

Whenever I insert my graphics card into my PCI slot and turn my computer on; I receive an error which states 'Please Check Signal', but, when I take it out, everything works fine. I even tried different slots.

I've had my graphics card working amazingly well for months without a problem. That is until I had to remove it for a while (about 2 days) and then enable my onboard graphics again until then. So, when I went to reinstall my graphics card that's the problem I've encountered.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

have you disabled the onboard GFX again?

3. ncmike

ncmike Private E-2

Yes. I've tried that. :(

4. ncmike

ncmike Private E-2

Any other suggestions?

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

try a different PCI slot if you can, the contacts on the GFX card maybe greasy and need a clean, some isopropyl alcohol or even an eraser can clean up the contacts, then make sure its fully seated.

if you can try the card in a different machine that will give you a clue to wether is now sadly dead or not.

6. krazykrl

krazykrl Sergeant Major

The error sounds like it is looking for a signal from your onboard video. I would try resetting the defaults in your BIOS and/or resetting the configuration data (if your BIOS has this feature). Than turn off the on-board video and try again. After it works (if it works), you can then make what ever other changes you need to make in your BIOS.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds