please help! BSOD Firefox related?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ph00p, Dec 8, 2008.

1. ph00p

ph00p Private E-2

I got 2 BSOD in a row last night and firefox was crashing like a drunk driver, really ever few minutes, then it crashed into a BSOD. So then when I tried to get back into my windows xp partition(the one that had all these problems) it gave me the message "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt
    C:\windows\system32\system"

Today when I booted it backup, it now works, last night after XP went haywire I went into vista and vista was working perfect, did a rootkit revealer ran some virus scanners, all came up clean.

I'm wondering if this was my ram, i've had problems on and off. I still have my firefox crash logs if anyone wants that. I was in the irc.mozilla.org #firefox and they said all my crashlogs pointed to java.

Here is one firefox crashlog that happened when firefox crashed THEN tried to recover and crashed again! http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/repor...2-39fae2081206

I'm now using the exact same firefox which crashed.

Right now I'm in that XP partition which last night told me it was corrupted and stuff, but right now it appears to be working as I've gotten the logs you usually request and I've posted here.

If you have any questions please ask I'm thankful for any help given!

I just recently started having more of these BSOD today when I was surfing I got the BSOD and then when I tried to boot back into XP in normal mode after the Windows XP screen with the green bar going across the bottom I got a BSOD before it would even go to my desktop, I've turned off restart automatically after error but it STILL restarts and I never get to see what BSOD error I'm getting :( I did memtest and it reported no problems, I don't know whats wrong. I've done virus scans and malware scans and none of it is any help. My pc was running perfectly yesterday but today its not.

I have:
    ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP
    E8400 @3.0(stock speed)
    4 gb ram 2x Crucial Ballistix 2xOCZ(all of which memtest OK'd)(all set to "AUTO" in bios, IE NO OCing or custom timings)
    Audigy 2 zs
    WD 160gb sata
    WD 250gb sata

My computer has been running solid like a rock since I got it in March, why would it act up all of a sudden?

I've done rootkit reveal with no results, I did MBM no results.

IF anyone needs anymore info please just ask instead of flaming.

I can't get back into my XP install in normal mode I continously get BSOD right now when I try, I can get into safe mode though, right now I'm in my vista partition and everything is running fine.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  2. ph00p

ph00p Private E-2

I'm now back into my XP partition, this is getting on my nerves my machine ONLY BSOD when in Firefox and never in games.

3. ph00p

ph00p Private E-2

The problem was my RAM :( mod can close this up if they want. NEVER MIX AND MATCH, its true what they say.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds