Please help - Free Zone Alarm

Discussion in 'Software' started by FreedomOz, Oct 18, 2006.

1. FreedomOz

FreedomOz Private E-2

Hi, I downloaded the free zone alarm as a firewall and since then haven't been able to get my antivirus updates coming through. I also tried to uninstall the software and it told me I didn't have permission. This is on my home computer. Can anyone suggest some help?

2. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

try installing it as an administrator, same for getting the updates. if the auto update doest work, download them manually. I think we have them here

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

What AV are you using? Sometimes Avast and Zonealarm have issues with one another.

Are you logging on with administrator priviledges? You can find this out my clicking <Start>, <Control Panel>, <User Accounts>. Under the name of the user account you use it should say either "Computer Administrator" or "Limited".

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds