Please Help im at my wits end

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by saece, Nov 27, 2004.

1. saece

saece Private E-2

Hello for the past year i hae been enjoying Star Wars Galaxies, but recently my computer dieceded it didn't want to run SWG, i assumed this was a SWG problem and looked for help from them but they was un able to help me.

So it started on wedensday, i loaded up clicked play and boom computer rebooted, taking me to a blue screen and saying about dumping the memory and the that to try a diffent grapics card, when i got back into windows it told me about the error being to do with drivers, i have been running this setup for the last year without problems, so i updated all my drivers tried again boom rebooted AGIAN :(.

So i took out my radoen put in my old G4 MX4000 i get exactly the same problem, so im guessing it's not the grapics card. since then i have formatted reinstalled XP no luck anyone got any ideas what could be wrong, my friend said maybe it's my motherboard is screwed and another said it might be my power supply?

anyone that awnsers this Thanks n advance :)

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

It would help if you posted your entire system specs including mobo driver revision and videocard driver revision; not to mention mobo mfg/series, OS etc...

3. saece

saece Private E-2

ok i will do in a moment :) heres the error i get when windows sends the crash report

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 000001A9 BCP3 : F4472CC8
    BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 256_1

when i get the blue screen it says

STOP: 0X0000008E

4. saece

saece Private E-2

MOBO is a MSI KT4V
    AMD 2200 xp+
    1024mb Ram
    Graphics cards atm G4 Mx4000 Drivers are 5.3.0.3
    also tried RADEON 9800Pro have tried drivers 4.7-4.11

anything else?

5. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Possible problems

1- psu is fluxing voltage too much around
    2- ram has become damaged
    3- virus/trojan/malware on your pc

Run free virus and adware removal tools available from MG itself; then if that doesnt work try 1 stick of 512mb at a time to see if the problem is persistant. Also how many Watts is ur PSU and is it generic? I had a similar problem with a new setup and the ram directly through the mfg was bad had to RMA it.

6. saece

saece Private E-2

ok i figured it out lol i ra the 000000 error codes on google and it seems it was zonealarm causeing the problems :( recomend a free firewall?

7. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

the one that comes with xp service pack 2 is fine, but i would recommend paying for one, say Blackice - never had any problems with it and the tech support were great!

8. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Black Ice is no good; since if there is already an intrusion within the system there is nothing blackice will do to stop it. I never heard ZA do such type of probs; your runnin w98?

9. saece

saece Private E-2

no winxp i did a search and found a thread on microsoft.com abou tthey know theres a problem with it and are working on a fix

10. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

o well blackice and avg work wonders for my home network :)

i recently had a trial of mcafee firewall and found it to be ok, although the tech support was too bad for words! problems installing it and they wouldn't help at all, ended up cleaning out the registry and downloaded from another site - wonders! but the overall firewall seemed good and i believe you can buy a bundled virus scanner and firewall for a fair bit cheaper than norton system works, am i correct here???

11. Doby

Doby Sergeant

Why not use the xp sp2 firerwall?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds