Please help! Internet Explorer Fails to Initialize

Discussion in 'Software' started by scooterd, Dec 20, 2005.

1. scooterd

scooterd Private E-2

Hi,

After accidentally clicking a pop-up, IE will no longer open and I get an error 0xc0000005 saying "application failed to initialize". Using Windows 2000 pro. Ran Spybot & Ad-Aware but didn't help. Can't get McAfee update (because it uses IE and displays same error when trying).

Help is greatly appreciated, thanks very much!

My HijackThis log file is attached, thanks very much!!! ;-)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2006
  2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Go to Start > Run > and type regedit This will open the registry and allow you to locate the key listed below. Be sure it is the exact key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RPCKDM

You will need to delete that key, BUT BEFORE YOU DO. Make a backup of it just in case, by highlighting it, click on File > Export > name the file and save (to My documents probably).

Now right click the key and delete it. Close the registry and try Internet Explorer.

Let us know.

Steve

3. scooterd

scooterd Private E-2

Hi Steve (Matacumbie),

Thanks sooo much for your great advice, which worked perfectly and quickly. Please forgive the delayed reply, as we have had some family medical issues clouding the holidays and I had to step away from this a bit ;-(

I wish you and your's a GREAT 2006 and please know that your help and efforts are very much appreciated!

S.D.
    (demayo)

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

You bet, glad it worked for you. :)

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds