Please Help!! Laptop really messed up!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by tresemme, Aug 27, 2008.

1. tresemme

tresemme Private E-2

Hi Everyone,

Please help me! I can't even boot in safe mode because my laptop keeps shutting down on me. When I try to load windows normally everything loads including the icons and then it pretty much freezes. I can't open anything at all unless I do it extremely fast before everything loads but then it just freezes anyways. My only option is to shutdown and then I get a bunch of End Program messages.

I'm trying to get into safe mode to try to use System Restore but the laptop doesn't stay on long enough for me to do so. Whenever I try to boot in safe mode I see a long list of DRIVERS loading on a DOS screen but then it stops and says something along the lines of 'Press Esc to not Load SPDT.sys' if I don't press Esc the laptop stops loading the drivers files and completely turns off by itself after about a minute. If I press Esc I manage to load Windows in Safe Mode but the Laptop only stays on for about 1 minute or so before it completely shuts down too. I don't know what happened at all. I haven't installed any new programs or anything that I know of to cause these problems ...they just suddenly appeared..

Please if anyone has any idea what could be wrong please reply!

Thanks

2. ralph3124

ralph3124 Private First Class

This could be a heat or malware issue. When using your laptop, you don't use it in bed (with blankets under it) do you? This would block the air from the bottom (and possibly the sides) from circulating. Can you get (or do you use) a portable fan. This usually sits under the laptop, with fans to keep the laptop cool(er).
    Do your laptop fans work? If they are clogged or hindered, they may not be turning?
    As far as malware, if you can't keep the laptop running, it will be hard to follow the instructions.

3. tresemme

tresemme Private E-2

Hi

I opened up my laptop and cleaned out the fan. It had a bit of dust but not enough to stop it from moving. The fans are working fine. The laptop only shut off by itself in safe mode or when I tried to get into safe mode.

Anyways, I managed to do a system restore last night and the problem seems to be gone now. There still seems to be a problem though. For some reason my internet browsers (firefox and internet explorer) take a long long time to load but every other program or folder opens up as soon as I click on them.
    Do you know what can be causing this to happen?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds