Please help me a new power supply or motherboard?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KERWINN13, Jun 11, 2010.

1. KERWINN13

KERWINN13 Private E-2

I recently purchased an hd5750 and it was working good maxing out games at 1680x1050 with fps above 60 FPS but this morning when i woke up and turned on my computer the keyboard is not getting any power my power supply is 500wats so i turned on the monitor says no input check cable. i tried clearing the cmos.i checked the cables but i recently noticed a short in the power supply cable the one outside the computer.i tried different monitors,graphics card tried putting in my old 9400gt the fans would spin cpu,gpu the optical drive would open but i am not getting any power to the keyboard. The motherboard name is a gigabyte http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product… cpu, amd phenom x2 940 quad core 3.0ghz.4gb of ram,1tb western digital black hard drive,windows 7 64 bit so what do i need to replace? thanks guys

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I'd say your PSU crapped out with all that stuff you have! Get a decent 650W and you'll be fine, as long as nothing else got taken out!

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

Also, noticed you said that the video was out. Then you did a bunch of stuff, and concluded that the keyboard doesn't work. Nothing said about the monitor at the end.

If there is a short on the psu, I'd definitely get that replace as suggested by augie.

4. scajjr

scajjr Sergeant

So there was an issue with the power cord? Did you replace this cord?

I would try another power supply first and use the power cord that comes with it not the old one.

Sam

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds