please help me!!: Norton Anti-Virus

Discussion in 'Software' started by Matthew, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Matthew

Matthew Private E-2

Hello,
    i'm really ina difficult situation:
    yesterday my Norton Anti-virus AUTO-PROTECT disabled itself for some reason and i keep getting a pop-up saying your "Anti-Virus is disabled" and "your computer is at risk!" and so on, i have found a button to enable it again but it doesn't do anything at all when i click it
    i really need help otherwise my PC is history!
    would really appreciate help at this difficult time
    cheers, Matt

2. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

Personally, I would ditch Norton and install AVG AntiVirus or Avast! AntiVirus. Both are free and in my opinion do a better job.

Norton is a resource hog, these are not! You could have some type infection as many will disable AV applications like this. If you think you may have an infection please follow the steps in the thread below then start a thread in the Spyware forum for further analysis.

[​IMG] READ & RUN ME FIRST Before Asking for Support

3. Metalist2

Metalist2 Private First Class

Or you could get NOD32, really you should.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Actually, the poster wants to fix Norton. NOD32 doesn't fix problems with Norton.

5. Metalist2

Metalist2 Private First Class

Or, on the other hand we can fix Norton.

6. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

7. techiegirl2

techiegirl2 Corporal

As a former NAV user, I agree with the board. I started to have small problems, and then noticed other things starting to happen. My advice-ditch Norton and your system will run like a new computer. Try any of the other free virus programs as recommended by everyone here.

8. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

If you want too keep using Norton and want too fix this problem then follow my post....

As I am also a Norton user and have had problems but have fixed them and still am using it. Running norton hasnt changed my computer speed etc dont know what the fuss about "resource hog" is about..as I am running it with only 192mb ram and with other programs running and it doesnt "hog" my computer down...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2005
  9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

techiegirl2,

Please offer advice on how to fix the problem, not how to ignore it. We all have software we dont care for. The post isn't about what we like, or dislike, however.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2005

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds