please help! missing registry key causing all games to crash

Discussion in 'Software' started by Thanos0ne, May 1, 2004.

1. Thanos0ne

Thanos0ne Private E-2

ok... i had problems with my radeon, so i replaced my power supply (fan was dead) i thought that was the problem... nope.. so then removed the ati and replaced it with my old GForce2 thought that the ati card was the problem, but nope. then i ran dxdiag and noticed in the input tab that there was a problem, a registry key is missing:

Poll w/ Interrupt: Yes
    Registry: Errors found
    Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{92187326-72B4-11d0-A1AC-0000F8026977}\ProgID' is missing.

wtf? how do i replace this key, and where the hell did it disappear to in the first place. i never delete registry keys (unless instructed with step by step instructions by tech support).

please help!!!!

2. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

It is not easy to swap between ATI and NVIDIA cards as their drivers conflicts with each other. Make sure to uninstall one party drivers completely before install other party drivers.

3. Thanos0ne

Thanos0ne Private E-2

fixed

thanx for the info... but the problem wasn't caused by the missing reg key (which i fixed), it was the damn sound card.. go figure

:p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds