Please help.Pc full of songs from Itunes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hcardron, Jan 8, 2006.

1. hcardron

hcardron Private E-2

:eek:

Hi,My daughter has downloaded so many songs to itunes which she belongs to it has caused my pc to run real slow,I installed a 2nd hdd now i need to know how to move all the itunes songs to it with out messing up so she can still use them.Please someone help.thanks so much

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Once you move the files, you will have to also delete iTunes Library.itl & iTunes Music Lbrary.xml, and when you start back up iTunes, it will rebuild those two files. Keep in mind this has worked for me, but may not work for you.

Also, only way the PC would slow down is if iTunes is up and running, and she is "sharing" her music, otherwise if it is not running in the background, it will not slow it down. I would go through and Defrag the computer, and do a Disk Cleanup, and start from there.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds