Please help problem with Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Software' started by revhandlin, Jul 29, 2010.

1. revhandlin

revhandlin Private E-2

how do i reinstall outlook express

outlook will mot connect to yahoo server, what do i do

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2010
  2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Re: Please help problem with Outlook

I have moved your question to it's own thread.

You need to give more detail.

Have you figured out how to install outlook express since you are also asking about connecting?

Have you been to Yahoo's help link for setting up Outlook Express and made sure you have everything set correctly?:

POP Verizon Yahoo! Mail with Microsoft Outlook Express

Here's how to "POP" mail from Verizon Yahoo! Mail into your Outlook Express:

1. From the Tools menu, choose "Accounts."
    2. Select the "Mail" tab.
    3. Click the "Add" button.
    4. From the Add menu, click "Mail."
    5. In the text box labeled Display Name, type your name and click "Next."
    6. In the Email Address box, type your Verizon Yahoo! Mail address (be sure to include "@verizon.net") and click "Next."
    7. Under "My incoming mail server is a…" select "POP3."
    8. Type "incoming.yahoo.verizon.net" in the Incoming Mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) Server box.
    9. Type "outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net" in the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server box.
    10. Click "Next."
    11. In the Account Name box, type your Verizon Yahoo! Mail ID (your email address without the "@verizon.net").
    12. In the Password box, type your Verizon Yahoo! Mail password.
    13. If you want Outlook Express to remember your password, check the "Remember password" box.
    14. Do not check the boxes labeled "Log on using Secure…"
    15. Click "Next."
    16. Click "Finish."
    17. Select 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com' under 'Account,' and click 'Properties.'
    18. Click the “Servers” tab.
    19. Under “Outgoing Mail Server” check the box next to “My server requires authentication”
    20. Click the 'Advanced' tab.
    21. Under “Outgoing mail Server (SMTP)”, ensure the box next to “This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" is not checked.
    22. Under “Incoming mail (POP3)”, ensure the box next to “This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" is not checked.
    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/verizon/mail/yahoomail/pop/pop-08.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds