please help this old novice

Discussion in 'Software' started by fafwey, Jul 17, 2006.

1. fafwey

fafwey Private E-2

i downloaded bearshare and saved it to a folder on my desktop. when i tried to install it, i got an error message saying it was not a vaild win32 application. im not used to navagating on a pc so i was lost. hope you can direct me. ty

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Sounds like you're trying to use the wrong file to install. What is the filename and extension that you're using when you get this error?

You should be looking for a file like install.exe, or setup.msi, or similar.

3. fafwey

fafwey Private E-2

im clicking on : bsproinstall.exe.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

5. fafwey

fafwey Private E-2

is there a safe one to get other than bearshare? i also have 360 pro

6. TimW

All p2p are prone to viruses ...nature of the beast ....been suggested that Trillian might be relatively safer, but I wouldn't trust any of them.

7. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

ummm Trillian is an instant messanger program. i use(d) limewire and have had no problems with spyware or viruses of any sort. I have heard tho that certain versions of the program do contain adware and similar things.

8. TimW

Sorry,.... brain f*rt....

9. fafwey

fafwey Private E-2

thnks guys. i checked out trilium and went away scratching my head.....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds