!!Please help with cd/rw.dvd combined drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tha-liner, Aug 24, 2005.

1. tha-liner

tha-liner Private E-2

i hope i can be helped!!

I have a Toshiba Satellite A10-S177, 2.2 ghz, 768 MB, XP Service Pack1. It comes with a Toshiba SD-R2412 CD-RW DVD combined drive. Recently the drive has not been writing properly at all the burn speeds. I try to burn a CD-R track at once everything appears perfectly fine Nero says burned successfully, yet when I try to read the burned cd. It says its blank. It also happens with the Windows built in burn software. When I burn Disc at once and check the CD, I am able to see the contents...but can not open any of the files, when looking at the disc no sign of burning is evident. All of this despite the software programs saying burn process successful.

The drive reads audio, data CD,CD-R,CD-RW and DVD perfectly.

I acquired another SD-R2412 to replace the 'defective' one, but when i replaced it...the laptop gave me an IDE#1 error, drive doesnt show up. When I replace with the old one it shows up but same burning problem. What do I do?

2. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

check to make sure you have checked write to and not simulation mode (no burn marks on dvd). On Nero 6 this is under the more button w/ 3 choices (write,simulation,verify top speed)

hopethathelped

3. tha-liner

tha-liner Private E-2

it IS on write mode :rolleyes:
    it is a cd/rw drive combined with dvd.rom(reads dvds only)...when i burn a cd the cd shows no evidence of being burnt. it reads as a blank disc and the surface doesnt show any ringlike mark as other properly burnt cds.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds