Please Help with Wnadoo/Orange Toolbar & Branding

Discussion in 'Software' started by ste_32cam, Sep 19, 2006.

1. ste_32cam

ste_32cam Private E-2

Hi,

First time poster here!!

I had Wanadoo installed onto my Laptop when they were rebranded as Orange. I now have another ISP and cannot for the life of me get rid of the Orange Toolbar. The message I get when trying to uninstall is Cannot find 'C:\PROGRA~1\Wanadoo\WSBar\Uninstall.bat.'

I also have the Wanadoo logos on my PC when in IE or Outlook Express. How do I get rid of this hated Toolbar and branding???

I have seen that a lot of people are posting Hijack this logs. Can this help identify any further unwanted/harmful things on the PC?

Please, Please help.

Thanks,:mad:

Steve.

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Welcome to MajorGeeks! Someone here should be happy to help ye out!

What operating system are ye using?

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Man, I rarely use I.E., but somewhere in there (tools/view) should be something about extensions ...and when you find it ...delete it.

4. ste_32cam

ste_32cam Private E-2

I am using Windows XP Home, 2000 Edition, Service Pack 2.

5. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> I also have the Wanadoo logos on my PC when in IE or Outlook Express. How do I get rid of this hated Toolbar and branding??? <<

Not too sure about the Wanadoo/Orange toolbar "removal" trouble; however regarding the branding problem - quite a while back; I had a very similar problem as well and used this Doug Knox Visual Basic Script fix:

Google this exact phrase: Remove IE/OE Branding (and then choose the first search result choice).

To use this Visual Basic Script fix: Download the Unbrand.vbs file and save it to your hard drive. Double-click the Unbrand.vbs file and enter the information as you desire. Close and restart IE and/or OE, if they're open.

Side Note: For anybody with Spybot Search & Destroy there is a function to change this also.

Tools > IE Tweaks > Internet Explorer Custom Title > Current User (Remove and replace with your own name or whatever you want) > Apply

Come to think of it; you might try this for the toolbar trouble:
    (1) Go to: Manage Add-Ons… (from the IE Tools menu).
    (2) Using Manage Add-ons > Enable/Disable might do the trick.

Good Luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds