Please No Sound for 6 months

Discussion in 'Software' started by NoSoundPleaseHelpMe, Dec 25, 2012.

1. NoSoundPleaseHelpMe

NoSoundPleaseHelpMe Private E-2

Hello, Im new to this forum and i was hoping if u guys could help me. I have had no sound for 6 months. I have tried searching for answers but came up short because i did not understand what to do and i did not have the same operating system. I have a Windows Xp operating system. Im guessing the problem is because of something called "audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" it has a yellow exclamation point beside it and it is in the other devices folder. I have checked everything from Control Panel Sounds and Other devices to services.msc and have came up with nothing or short because i could not understand what to do. Please help me!!!!! :cry

2. NoSoundPleaseHelpMe

I have tried a shit load of stuff please help me end my agony! :((((

3. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

In order to be able to help you we would need to know the make and model# of your computer.

4. NoSoundPleaseHelpMe

if your asking what brand is it it does not have one. I picked the parts and i made a professional Assemble it and no doubt it was all complete before because ive had this computer for 3 years

5. NoSoundPleaseHelpMe

and also what happened was the sound went away right after i removed a virus

6. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, NoSoundPleaseHelpMe, and welcome to MajorGeeks...

We need some more info from you: what Windows XP Service Pack # are you using?

Also, please download and run EVEREST, a free system information tool.

When the scan completes select 'Report', 'Quick Report', 'Plain Text'. Select 'File', 'Save As...', name the report, and save to an easily found location such as your Desktop.

Then attach that file to your next post per these instructions: HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post.

7. Caliban

Just realized that the 'HOW TO' has been altered somewhat - if you wish, you can view this tutorial that explains the necessary steps.

8. NoSoundPleaseHelpMe

The SP im using is 2 i updated it a while back and thats i think how the sound got lost but just to be sure and get your advice on how i can restore it heres the report.

Attached Files:

9. NoSoundPleaseHelpMe

Thanks for the new how to but i figured it out without watching it :)

10. NoSoundPleaseHelpMe

Oh wait it is service pack 3 ahha my bad :)

11. Caliban

Yep - attachments are pretty much common sense. ;)

Are you attempting to use onboard audio or is there a PCI sound card installed? If there is a discrete card do you happen to know the brand name and model?

Also, not quite understanding why the EVEREST report is showing 16 MP4ConverterAudio Devices - can you shed any light on this?

12. NoSoundPleaseHelpMe

the mp4 converter was a program i installed the other day trying to convert some vids into Avi but i dont know why there are multiple names or why its even there.Im not sure what you mean by on board or PCI sound card im not that much interested in the parts of my computer. but ill just answer that as how i interpret the question. Do you mean like if the soundcard is externaly plugged into the computer or inside with the rest of the parts? if thats the question then i plan to use a sound card that is inside integrated with the rest of the parts inside.If the way i interpreted it was wrong please explain the question "on board or PCI sound card" What do you mean by on board and PCI soundcard. Sorry if i dont know this stuff i'm not a wiz at computer technology. and no i dont know a discrete card im sorry.

:)

13. Caliban

No need to apologize.

'Onboard audio' would use plugs attached to your motherboard, whereas a 'PCI sound card' is a separate circuit board plugged into a PCI slot. Look at the attached photo and try to compare it to your machine.
    [​IMG]

14. NoSoundPleaseHelpMe

I plan to use the onboard jacks :)

15. Caliban

Ok, try this:

Download and unzip this file (located at the ASRock site). Run whatever 'Setup' the package might contain, reboot and see if your symptoms change.

16. NoSoundPleaseHelpMe

Thank you for your help but i just decided to just bring it to a shop and finaly get it fixed instead of playing around with. Thanks for all the info and hope you respond to my future problems you were a big help :) Merry Christmas! :)

17. NoSoundPleaseHelpMe

But lets try to fix it. it could save me alot of money and avoid the hassle of lugging around my cpu in the mall.Here is the new report i have made using everest after the setup of UAA thingy and also i checked in Device Manager it seems that the other files category is gone along with the Audio Device on HIgh Definition Audio Bus. There seems to be a couple of more options now in the sound,video and game controllers.

Attached Files:

18. Caliban

Good morning...

More than likely the UAA patch did the trick - here's a link to the file if you need one.

Glad you got things sorted, and thanks for the feedback!

19. NoSoundPleaseHelpMe

Hello there again. My sound still does not work even after the UAA Patch. and also i tried using the kb88811 thingy it sends me an error and basically says i have a much recent version so it did not do anything. help me please! :cry

20. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , Merry Christmas :)

You have to try this method , you can download this

http://majorgeeks.com/Driver_Sweeper_d6171.html

running it in Normal Mode
    when the process is finished you must reboot your machine
    running it in Safe Mode
    when the process is finished you must reboot your machine

now the leftovers of the driver is gone and you are able to try a clean installation :wave

21. NoSoundPleaseHelpMe

Thanks but that is kinda sketchy.. anything else?

22. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

DriverSweeper is a good option, however you would have needed to be told what to remove as you may not wish to remove all drivers it lists and it will not help with the UAA driver or its removal.

Looking over your logs I just wonder if your onboard audio is conflicting with the audio that's added with the ATi Graphic Card drivers, but you test this out you will need to uninstall a few drivers namely first the ATi Graphic Card ones and then the VIA Audio drivers.

Then re-install your Chipset drivers the Nvidia ones HERE and reboot, then install your VIA audio ones HERE and reboot, test Audio (do not install if prompted any ATi Graphics Drivers yet)

If audio ok then download and install the ATi Graphics drivers from HERE and reboot and test Audio again.

*just as a note are you using your PC with a HDMI lead to your monitor or TV at all? if not then maybe a good option to choose on install of the driver a Custom install and leave out the Audio options for now*

All your drivers for XP for your model motherboard are HERE for reference

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds