Please Tell Me There Is A Way Around This?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by philadelphia, Apr 6, 2017.

1. philadelphia

philadelphia Private E-2

Hello fellow Geeks,

So i have this HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911a that is refusing to print because one of the 3 color cartridges is empty. I'm not trying to print in color so i don't care. I want to print in "black ink only" or "gray scale" and this PIG won't let me. Tell me the a-holes at HP have this printer rigged to lock up when one of the cartridges is out of ink thus preventing the "black ink only" printing only option?

Now, someone please tell me they know of, or have found a hack, some king of workaround, to sublimate this corporate bullshit. Some clever mind out there had to come up with a solution.

Any help is much appreciated!

Here in Philly Yo.

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Attached Files:

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

5. beezneez

beezneez Corporal

Exactly why I ditched my printer and bought a Brother black and white printer only. Cost $40 and works like a charm. I have had many colour printers and it always bugged me having to buy colour cartridges when I rarely printed in colour. When I queried this with one company they replied that even when printing in black or grayscale the printer uses some colour and that is why they run out.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds