Plugin unresponsive....ect...when playing FB games on Chrome

Discussion in 'Software' started by Adele, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Adele

Adele Private E-2

Everytime I come to Major Geeks I always get the help that I need and you all here really rock!
    So, here it is......
    I keep getting frozen up when playing Farmville2 on FB with Google Chrome. I keep having to restart my whole laptop just to get it going again. I have HP Support and have tried 4 different times for them to fix it. It seems to help for awhile but then just a few days later it gets worse as time goes by and after 4 days I am back to restarting my lappy.
    I have tried with IE and it was pretty good for awhile and then the same thing started happening again...just like with Chrome.
    I'm 'bout ready just to ''abandon the farm''.
    Sure could use some help... Thanks!!!

2. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

I used to have the same problem when I woúld play fb games too on Chrome. I switĉhed to firefox and that helped 75%.

I started playing on zynga .com and it alleviated 99% of the crashing/freezing problem which leads me to believe that the problem with Adobe is between fb and chrome.

So I'd suggest trying out zynga, if you so fancy, (you can port your fb info so you don't lose anything from your game) and it might solve your problem like it did mine.

3. Adele

Adele Private E-2

Thanks!!!! ;)

4. Adele

Adele Private E-2

Hey Dyamond... Your answer makes perfect sense to me!! But I have one more question. How do I go about 'porting' my FB info into Zynga.com Farmville 2? I have absolutely 'no clue' how to go about doing that... And thank you so much for your help. ;o)

5. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

Sorry for the delayed reply, had a computer malfunction of my own.

When you go to zynga's website, click on Join Now (top right of the page), then a box will pop up that says connect with facebook or start fresh now. Select connect with facebook and all your info will be ported over. Then you just log in at zynga instead of fb from now on. (The plus side of zynga is the communal "neighbors" when you post something to the feed, anyone can click on it! So you get your items in a matter of seconds instead of waiting forever for a friend to click it! ;) )

Have fun!:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds