Pocket drive, software will not transfer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pozzydrive, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

I just bought a new 100Gig pocket drive, tried to transfer files over from my computer when in explore mode, when I drag them over a window opens asking if I want to place a short cut or cancel, thats not what I want to do, sometimes it asks if I want to move them here, which is really what I want to do, but when I click on move them here, it just creates a short cut, am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the pocket drive, I would like to just transfer most of my computers files and software over including SP2, dont know how though, once that is done then I want to format my PC's hard drive, clean it right out and start again, is that possible, if so can someone please help.

2. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

You need to mirror the drive over onto the new one!!

You can't just move something that has already been "installed" onto the said drive!!!!

If you have a dvd and/or cd burner...I'm going to guess that it came with Nero or Roxio, or some kind of burning software!!! They should have an option to mirror (copy a drives contents from one location to another EXACTLY how it was)!!!!

Roger

3. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi Rogvalcox,
    Thankyou, will look for this, however I do not really want to mirror the drive as Defrag says there are structural errors on my PC HD, even so I cannot even drag and drop my own word documents into the pocket drive, surely I should be able to save to it? Do I need some other software to do this?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds