Pop-up window to small

Discussion in 'Software' started by naresh11381, Feb 28, 2009.

1. naresh11381

naresh11381 Private E-2

I have a strange problem, when certain windows open e.g. installer window, menu window etc... the text doesn't fit into the box making some buttons or options out of reach, without a slider/scroll bar I'm stumped, I have included a outlook express jpg example, any ideas appreciated :confused

Attached Files:

2. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

Can you position your cursor at the bottom right corner and drag the corner?

3. naresh11381

naresh11381 Private E-2

No it seems to think the text is fitting in, almost like the font is to large, I cant accept software agreements (I agree tabs) because they are cropped out of the window with no scroll bar or resizing options.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Have you changed text size for your menus and windows? as it looks as if the text is too large, revert to the font size originally used.

Or if you are using a different theme that the original Windows ones then revert back to the originals, although it does look like the original blue theme.

Some info on how to change these options here

5. naresh11381

naresh11381 Private E-2

Tried to change to font sizes and also reset xp to default but still getting no luck... :-(

6. naresh11381

naresh11381 Private E-2

OK I got it sussed with a bit of digging, to solve this problem follow this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188081/ and download tahoma32.exe execute the file and voila!! fonts fit in all windows!.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds