Populate excel spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Software' started by HandyPro, Jan 20, 2010.

1. HandyPro

HandyPro Private E-2

When opening from file, excel spreadsheet will not populate until I have either minimized or maximized it. If I open excel first then open the file it populates as it should.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What version of Excel is this? and what is the excel files version, by this I mean if you are using Excel 2007 is the file your opening Excel 97-2003, or vice versa as formatting can be an issue with this, depends what version it was created and saved with.

If it is Excel 2007 you are using then try saving the file (a backup copy to test with) from its original Excel 97-2003 format to Excel 2007 or vice versa, and test.

Is this Excel sheet pulling data from an Access Database by any chance?

Just asking these questions as never come across this anomalie before and I use Excel daily in work.

3. HandyPro

HandyPro Private E-2

2007 Excel. This happens irregardless of its file version, doesn't matter what version it was created and save with. In other words...if I'm trying to open an older version I get the same results as I do when I try to open a workbook I just created and saved in 2007 version. I tried your test...same problem. These excel sheets are not puling data from an Access Database.

I have been using excel on a daily basis also for many years...have never seen this before. It started happening after I installed the 2007 version. Some one had "fixed" it, proved it to me (once) but then it went back to problematic. He said it was a registration problem. I cannot reach that person again to get more details.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds