Portable Thunderbird's settings

Discussion in 'Software' started by BFLeigh, Jan 11, 2007.

1. BFLeigh

BFLeigh Corporal

Hi,

I'm trying to tailor my copy of Thunderbird Portable so that the POP3 information works on any PC I work on - is there one setting I can choose or is there an add-on/extension for proxies etc that I should plug into it?

Thanks in advance!

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

There is a specific build of thunderbird called Portable Thunderbird which you may want to look into ;)

3. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Apparently, I need to read more closely... I'm sorry, I thought you were trying to modify a normal build of Thunderbird to make it portable.

I found this, should help with your task:

Copying Your Local Thunderbird Settings

If you're using a local copy of Thunderbird, you may wish to just copy your local Thunderbird settings right into Thunderbird Portable. Your local Thunderbird profile is usually installed in C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\default.???\ Just copy all of those files to the Data\profile directory within Thunderbird Portable. Sometimes, certain profiles will cause the launcher to fail or hang. In that case, start from scratch and try just copying your mailstores (Mail and ImapMail directories) as well as your prefs.js and abook.mab files.

Link to source: http://portableapps.com/support/thunderbird_portable#using

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds