Portion of picture missing

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skysarge, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

System:
    HP dx5150 SFF
    Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
    2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
    256 kilobyte primary memory cache
    1024 kilobyte secondary memory cach
    2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
    256 kilobyte primary memory cache
    1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Not hyper-threaded (whatever that means)
    79.92 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    52.94 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

We play Dragons of Atlantis frequently. Picture on monitor has about 1/4 of right side cut off, will not display. This is only program/game doing such.
    Kabam (game owner/originator/whatever) suggested cleaning cache, deleting cookies, clearing recent history, clearing browser data, etc. Did so, no change.
    Computer instructor at nearby school and computer repair shop suggested restoring to earlier date. Win 7 just installed @ 1 month ago, restore feature never activated.
    Plan on replacing entire sys with up-to-date one. I am convinced this unit was used by Moses.
    I am tired (as I am sure you folks are also) of my chronic and constant problems. But that replacement is not an overnight option and does nothing to help me now.
    I am open to any suggestions, obviously, especially helpful ones.
    Thanks,

Sarge :tired

2. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Video information?
    Card, monitor and settings you are using.
    Have you played with the resolution and vsync in that game?

3. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Resolution changes did nothing to remedy, V Sync I know nothing

ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series [Display adapter]
    ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series Secondary [Display adapter]
    Acer X203W [Monitor] (20.0"vis, s/n ETLAN0802484304BE64200, October 2008)

Sarge

4. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

5. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Set up on site to detect/download driver automatically
    Got message driver could not be found for my system
    Found Radeon R9 200 and R7 200, but not sure those will match Radeon Xpress 200 series
    Thanks

Sarge

6. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

If the AMD site cannot find your driver, then I guess you are stuck with what you have. Sorry.

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

This site claims to have a Windows 7 driver, despite the fact that HP issued no drivers for Win 7
    http://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/hp/laptops-desktops/hp-dx5150-sff/2831
    Note: if you decide to download the driver, scan it with your security programs to make sure it is clean. I have never used the site so have no idea what they are serving up.

The version is 8.4 and from 2009.
    Check your driver version. If it is the same version, then downloading would not change a thing.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds