Possible audio hardware problem.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Portalcore, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Portalcore

Portalcore Private E-2

I have a new laptop (and before you shout send it back, please just read this and tell me you opinion THEN shout send it back), and I appear to have an audio hardware problem.

The hardware / software.

Mitac 9525 motherboard;
    Realtek HD audio.
    Windows xp + SP3 (fresh install)

When I start the laptop, I do not get any sound.
    The only time I get sound is if I uninstall the HD audio bus in device manager, then add new hardware. Then the sound appears (even the hardware was missing from the device manager before this).

Once I reboot, I lose all sound, and have to repeat the process.

I was wondering if the sound hardware is not being initialised on booting, and if a bios update (a new bios was made available a short time after receiving the laptop) would correct the problem

ok, now shout about sending the machine back.

2. liimamasbigdaddy

liimamasbigdaddy Private E-2

I would look at the description for the bios update to see what problem it fixes. If the fix is an issues with the audio then you are good to go. BIOS updates are only recommended if you NEED a new feature that the update fixes.

3. jblim1980

jblim1980 Private First Class

post report from everest pls

4. Portalcore

Portalcore Private E-2

as requested

Attached Files:

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

After you install the drivers again, and sound comes back, Do you get any events in application or system, in Event viewer?

Click START, RUN, then type in: eventvwr.msc (press enter).

6. Portalcore

Portalcore Private E-2

Just reinstalled the sound (again), and checked the even log.

No mention about sound, except to access the net for drivers.

Nothing mentioned about lack of start up.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds